Basis of the Sale
We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants and products that we sell. However, you appreciate that there may inevitably be some variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions, photographs and other information pertaining to a specific product is approximate and for guidance only.
Goods Pricing & Delivery
If the price of goods increases between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, you will pay the price you paid for during your original transaction.
If, by mistake, we have under priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel your order. In the event we cancel your order, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our return and refund policy.
We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery on your order. Please make sure this address is accurate, and you are careful to select the appropriate address for shipping and billing. We cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to the Goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
We aim to deliver within the quoted time frame, but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date has changed.
You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied are not for resale.
We aim to provide high quality plants and products to our customers. Accordingly we warrant that where the goods are products that are not already covered by a manufacturer’s guarantee, they will meet our specification and will be free from defects at the time of delivery. If the goods arrive with you in an unacceptable state, please call Customer Service
to highlight the problem, and they will replace or refund your goods as suitable.
The availability and colour of plants that we sell you may vary according to the season and market availability. We will alert you if there has been a change in your order of live plants, and give you the option to cancel and refund your order, or offer you a suitable alternative.
Offers and Promotions
Occasionally we run offers, promotions and sales online which adhere to the following guidelines:
• All offers are subject to availability - sale items are limited stock and although a product may show as in stock we may not be able to fulfil the order, due to increased demand. However, if the item ordered is out of stock you will be sent a letter and given a refund for the item.
• Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other Sarah Raven catalogue, email, internet or product offer
• Offers are not transferable or for publication online or offline
• All offers exclude delivery charges - this applies to both the spend threshold and the application of the overall discount
• Offer end dates apply
• Offers are at Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden's sole discretion and are subject to variation or withdrawal without notice
• Offers or promotions cannot be applied on to previously placed orders
• Free gifts must be added to the basket by the customer and in the unlikely event that the gift becomes unavailable we will substitute with a product of equal or greater value. The exception to this is when the total number of products allocated for the offer has been met - in this instance the total number allocated will be made clear in the offer, e.g. 'The first 1,000 orders placed will receive a free XXX'
• Maximum of one free gift per order.
• If you have ordered 11 packets of seeds or more you are entitled to the cheapest free (unfortunately this may not apply with other offer codes - please give our customer service team a call if you have a problem).
Excluded products from promotions
Where an offer includes a monetary discount (i.e '% off' or spend £X get £X off) the following items will be excluded from that offer: Sale items, Gift vouchers, Courses or Multi-buy offers.
Free gift promotions
All free gift promotions adhere to the following restrictions:
• The free gift must be added to your basket ahead of checkout.
• Only one free gift allowed per order and only one order per customer per promotion.
• All free gifts are subject to availability. This refers to the amount of stock available for that particular promotion.
• Any minimum spend amount should be reached excluding the price of the free gift and any P&P.
Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden reserve the right to amend our offer exclusion list at our discretion and without prior warning.
All reviews will be reviewed by Sarah Raven ltd prior to publishing to ensure they are appropriate and not likely to cause offence. In most instances reviews will then appear alongside the product within a working week. If you have a particular problem with a product and would like to draw it to our attention please contact Customer Services via email email@example.com
or by calling 0845 092 0283. We reserve the right to contact you via email following a review for the following reasons: A) Following on from a review where we feel we have relevant, useful information that could help you in the future regarding our products or services. B) If you have been selected as the winner of the monthly customer reviews prize draw.
Sarah Raven’s Kitchen & Garden Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Our systems collect addresses and buying information at the point of order so that we may process your order and provide you with the best possible service. We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent, and we will always give you the option to receive no further information from us. You can visit this site without disclosing any personal information, however, by visiting our site, you accept the practices outlined in this policy. This policy doesn’t necessarily apply to our offline collection of your personal information.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and United Kingdom law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website using VeCapture by Ve Interactive, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction by clicking submit/next. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your registration/transaction. If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
We occasionally make names available to other carefully selected companies who may also have products that would be of interest. If you would prefer us not to do this, or have any requests regarding your personal information or any queries with regard to the above-mentioned practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We never pass on credit card details, email addresses or telephone numbers to third parties.
We may at times use other companies to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, it is purely to help them perform their service. We partner with third parties to deliver products, to ensure delivery and so that we can obtain feedback and improve the quality of our service to you.
For example, we may pass on your address details to our nurseries to enable them to send you your products. Or, in the case of credit card payment, our provider eKashu will take your information in order to process payment for your items (see our Security details for more information). We may also have to provide law enforcement officers with your details in the case of investigations, as we are required by law.
If you click on a link in an email from us, we may set a cookie on your browser. If you visit our website as a result of clicking on a link, we are thus able to understand how you interact with the pages of our website through the combination of the cookie and pixels set on the pages of our website. This enables us to understand what interested you in our emails and what did not, and what interests you about our website and what does not. We can then try to send you more interesting information in the future.
Please note that this information is for our use only - we do not disclose or share this information with any third parties. If you do not wish this to happen, you can change the cookie settings in your browser (however this will make you unable to use our website for shopping purposes).
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. They do not harm your computer – instead they are used to analyse the way you use the internet, and can personalise websites to suit your preferences. The cookies we use are Google Analytics (in which all user data is anonymous) and Webgains (our affiliate system, which allows us to credit the website that brought you to SarahRaven.com).
We also use Youtube, Flickr, Facebook and Twitter. We cannot prevent these sites from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these services, they may still gather anonymous information regarding the number of views.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not have control over that other website. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of your information whilst visiting such sites. Please exercise caution and read through their privacy statement.
We use eKashu to process your financial data. eKashu are a payment gateway operated by CreditCall Communications Ltd. They are certified as a Level 1 compliant provider under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is the highest level of compliance.
CreditCall is independently audited annually by a Visa Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and is subject to rigorous security vulnerability scanning every three months.
You can confirm CreditCall’s approval status on the Visa Europe website at:
What is PCI DSS?
The current PCI DSS is the harmonisation of standards originally written by Visa and MasterCard International in order to establish a standard set of requirements throughout the payment card industry. The standard is applicable to all merchants and payment gateways that store, process or transmit cardholder data.
• Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect data
• Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for passwords or other security parameters
• Protect stored data
• Encrypt the transmission of cardholder data and sensitive information
• Use and regularly update anti-virus software
• Develop and maintain more secure systems and applications
• Restrict access to data by business need-to-know
• Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
• Restrict physical access to cardholder data
• Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
• Regularly test security systems and processes
• Maintain a policy that addresses information security to build and maintain a secure network
• To protect cardholder data
• To maintain a vulnerability management program
• To implement strong access control measures
• To regularly monitor and test networks
• To maintain an Information Security Policy
Your personal data such as your name, address and phone number are not protected in the same way as your financial data. This kind of data is the same kind that is widely publicly available in such mediums as the phone book; it is not felt that it warrants the same level of security as your financial data. Your personal data is protected by the password that is generated by you when you create your account. You are free to change your password or to delete your personal data at any time.
Your website resides on a secure server cluster. A short summary of the security precautions in place to secure these servers are as follows:
• Server cluster protected by a dedicated hardware firewall
• Server cluster is divided into tiered layers of network security for a 'defense in depth' strategy
• Server cluster passed vulnerability scans conducted by Ambiron TrustWave's Truskeeper compliance solution Sensitive server software protected by file integrity monitoring Administrative access to server cluster strictly controlled
• Server cluster physically located in a data center that has passed the prestigious SAS 70 audit
• Server security logs are monitored daily by a human being to look for any signs of attack.
For technical details on the methods used to secure you data, you can reference the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard here: www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pdfs/pci
If you received a newsletter from Sarah Raven and do not wish to receive any more, you may use the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter. Alternately, you may modify your profile on this website to unsubscribe from the newsletter mailing list. The following link will take you to the account profile area so that you can unsubscribe. Modify Profile, or send an email to customer service at email@example.com.
Sarah Raven does not send email to people with whom it has no contact. The following conditions can result in the Sarah Raven website sending you email:
• You created an account at the Sarah Raven website.
• You purchased 1 or more items from Sarah Raven.
• You subscribed to the Sarah Raven newsletter mailing list.
• You submitted a question to Sarah Raven.
• You requested a catalog from Sarah Raven.
• Someone that you know visited the Sarah Raven website, created a wishlist and sent it to you.
• Someone that you know visited the Sarah Raven website and used the 'email this page to a friend' function.
If you received email from Sarah Raven and you feel that none of the above conditions have been met, you may send an email to the email address below to register a complaint.
This email address is registered with abuse.net. We take reports of spam abuse seriously and we will work with you to find a solution to a problem. In rare cases, spammers find new ways to exploit vulnerabilities within websites to force them to send spam. If you suspect that this has happened we would appreciate it if you would notify us using the email address above. We are constantly working to improve the security of the Sarah Raven website in order to prevent our customers from getting spammed and to reduce the amount of spam on the internet at large.
The total liability of Sarah Raven’s Kitchen & Garden Limited for any claim, howsoever arising, shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by us to the customer.
If you have a valid claim, based on the poor condition or quality of your goods, and you return them within a reasonable time, you are entitled to choose between a refund or replacement.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We endeavour to keep the website up-to-date, but retain the right to update product information without notice.
All of the written, photographic, design and video content of SarahRaven.com, along with the arrangement of it are the copyrighted property of Sarah Raven’s Kitchen & Garden, or that of the people who have granted us the right to use it. All rights reserved.
None of the material on the website may be used without our written permission. You may download Planting Instructions or print off a single copy of a webpage for your own personal, non-commercial use offline.
The majority of photographs on the website are credited to Jonathan Buckley.
If you wish to complain about any aspect of the service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org