terms and conditions
basis of the sale
We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants and products that we sell. However, as you can appreciate there may inevitably be some variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions, photographs and other information pertaining to a specific product is approximate and for guidance only.
goods pricing & delivery
If the price of goods changes between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, you will pay the price you paid during your original transaction.
If, by mistake, we have underpriced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel your order. In the event we cancel your order, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our return and refund policy.
Our charges for delivery are detailed on our Delivery Information page.
We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery on your order. Please make sure this address is accurate, and that you are careful to select the appropriate address for shipping and billing. We cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
We aim to deliver within the quoted time frame, but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date has changed.
You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied are not for resale.
We are not able to delay deliveries, our plants and seedlings are all grown and nurtured by our nursery and sent to you at the best stage of development for safe transportation and for you to grow them on successfully.
If you are not likely to be at home when your items are due to be delivered (see individual product pages) then please let us have an alternative delivery address (perhaps a neighbour or family member). To ensure that we can arrange this request, we will require at least 3 weeks before the delivery period given.
We aim to provide high quality plants and products to our customers. Accordingly we warrant that where the goods and products that are not already covered by a manufacturer’s guarantee, they will meet our specification and will be free from defects at the time of delivery. If the goods arrive with you in an unacceptable state, please contact our customer service team to highlight the problem, and we will replace or refund your goods as applicable.
The availability and colour of plants may vary according to the season and market availability. We will alert you if there has been a change in your order of live plants, and give you the option to cancel and refund your order, or offer you a suitable alternative.
On rare occasions, when we are unable to fulfil your order, we may send an alternative plant which will be carefully chosen as a suitable substitute. If you are unhappy with what you have received, we will be happy to give you a full refund.
offers & promotions
Occasionally we run offers, promotions and sales online which adhere to the following guidelines:
- All offers are subject to availability. Sale items are limited stock and although a product may show as in stock we may occasionally be unable to fulfil the order, due to increased demand. If we are unable to fulfil an order, you will be sent a letter notifying you of this and given a refund for the item.
- Offers can only be redeemed once and not in conjunction with any other offer. Discounts apply to the value of the goods only. Not redeemable against: previous orders, gift vouchers, gift wrap, courses, overseas delivery, sale items or items in the shop at Perch Hill.
- Offers giving £5 off have a minimum spend of £30 excluding P&P.
- Offers are not transferable or for publication online or offline.
- All offers exclude delivery charges – this applies to both the spend threshold and the application of the overall discount. The exception is free P&P (excluding Next Day Delivery).
- Offer end dates apply.
- Offers are at the sole discretion of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd and are subject to variation or withdrawal without notice.
- Offers or promotions cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
- Discounts and offers on seeds – not redeemable against: seed tin collections, seed shakers or seed collections in gift boxes.
- Save on Seeds to Sow Now Terms and Conditions: up to 30% off selected seeds is valid until midnight on Sunday 8th October 2023. Discounts have already been applied to qualifying products, which can be found at https://www.sarahraven.com/save-on-seeds-to-sow-now. Only the products featured on this page are included within this promotion. Discounts apply to the value of the goods only. These offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer code, discount, or promotion. Standard P&P charges apply. Not valid against: bulbs, plants, previous purchases, gift wrap, products purchased from the shop at Perch Hill or other retail outlets.
- 23SEPT25 25% off Terms and Conditions: Offer valid until Sunday 1st October 2023. Offer can only be redeemed once by entering code 23SEPT24 into your online basket and not in conjunction with any other offer codes, discounts or promotions. Discount applies to the value of the goods only. Standard post and packaging charges apply. Not redeemable against: offline orders, previous orders, gift vouchers, gift wrap, courses, events, sale items or items in the shop at Perch Hill or other retail outlets.
- Home and Garden Sale Terms and Conditions: Up to 40% off selected home and garden products is only valid whilst stocks last. Discounts have already been applied to qualifying products, which can be found at https://www.sarahraven.com/sale/home-garden. Only the products featured on this page are included within this promotion. Discounts apply to the value of the goods only. These offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer code, discount or promotion. Standard P&P charges apply. Not valid against: plants, bulbs, seeds, previous purchases, gift wrap, products purchased from the shop at Perch Hill or other retail outlets.
- Feedback Survey Prize Draw Terms and Conditions: Entry into the prize draw is not compulsory, recipients may still complete the survey and choose not to be entered into the draw. If you do wish to enter please complete the survey and enter your email address as requested, at the end of the survey. Only one entry per person, per month will be valid. The prize draw will take place on a monthly basis, when a winner will be selected at random. The winner will be notified by a member of the Sarah Raven Team via email. £50 will be supplied as a Sarah Raven e-gift voucher. This voucher will be supplied directly to the winner as a unique e-code, only redeemable on the Sarah Raven website for 12 months.
Free gift promotions
All free gift promotions adhere to the following restrictions:
- Free gifts will be automatically added to the basket when the offer code is entered at checkout, if the offer requirements have been met. In the unlikely event that the gift becomes unavailable we will substitute with a product of equal or greater value. The exception to this is when the total number of products allocated for the offer has been met – in this instance the total number allocated will be made clear in the offer, eg The first 1,000 orders placed will receive a free XXX.
- Only one free gift allowed per order and only one order per customer per promotion.
- All free gifts are subject to availability. This refers to the amount of stock available for that particular promotion.
- Any minimum spend amount should be reached excluding the price of the free gift and any P&P.
Excluded products from promotions
- Where an offer includes a monetary discount (eg XX% off or spend £X get £X off) the following items will be excluded from that offer: Sale items, Gift vouchers, Courses or Multi-buy offers.
- Products for sale in the shop at Perch Hill are not valid for promotions run by Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd unless specified.
- Free P&P offers are redeemable against UK mainland delivery. Free P&P does not apply to overseas delivery, next day delivery options or sale only orders. Some large hardware items may also be excluded from our discount offers. For a full list of excluded hardware items, please click here.
We reserve the right to amend the offer exclusion list at our discretion and without prior warning.
All reviews will be reviewed prior to publishing to ensure they are appropriate and not likely to cause offence. In most instances reviews will then appear alongside the product within a working week. If you have a particular problem with a product and would like to draw it to our attention please contact customer services. We reserve the right to contact you via email following a review for the following reasons:
- following on from a review where we feel we have relevant, useful information that could help you in the future regarding our products or services
We work with reputable third party payment providers, who use digital signatures and strong encryption to ensure that all sensitive information is protected throughout every transaction.
The total liability of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd for any claim, howsoever arising, shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by us to the customer.
If you have a valid claim based on the poor condition or quality of your goods and you return them within a reasonable time, you are entitled to choose between a refund or replacement where possible.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We endeavour to keep the website up-to-date, but retain the right to update product information without notice.
Please click here for our full Email Policy, including information on how we collected your email address, why we have emailed you, how to unsubscribe from our marketing emails, and what to do if you feel you have received unsolicited emails from us.
All of the written, photographic, design and video content of sarahraven.com, along with the arrangement of it, are the copyrighted property of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd, or that of the people who have granted us the right to use it. All rights reserved.
None of the material on the website or social media channels may be used without our written permission. You may download Planting Instructions or print off a single copy of a webpage for your own personal, non-commercial use offline.
The majority of photographs on the website are credited to Jonathan Buckley. Copyright resides with him and use of these images must be agreed with Sarah Raven Ltd and/or Jonathan Buckley in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Competition rules: No purchase necessary. One entry only per person. Prizes are not refundable or transferable. The winner will be chosen by the staff at Sarah Raven. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on our website or social media sites (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition. Competition ends Monday 5th December 2022.
Terms and conditions: Eligibility: Open to over 16s with a UK mainland address. Any entries sent after Monday 5th December will not be considered eligible for the competition. The winner will be contacted via email. Copyright & Usage Rights: Copyright of the images remains with the photographer – the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission. Entries can be used for publicity purposes by Sarah Raven and may be published on our website or social media sites (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
We are supporting the humanitarian aid efforts in Ukraine by raising money and donating our net profits from the sales of our sunflower seeds to the Disaster Emergency Committee. Profits will be donated from sales of our entire single variety and collection sunflower seeds until 12th June 2022. Collections that include a sunflower seed in the range will not be included.