terms and conditions
basis of the sale
We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants and products that we sell. However, as you can appreciate there may inevitably be some variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions, photographs and other information pertaining to a specific product is approximate and for guidance only.
goods pricing & delivery
If the price of goods changes between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, you will pay the price you paid during your original transaction.
If, by mistake, we have underpriced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel your order. In the event we cancel your order, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our return and refund policy.
Our charges for delivery are detailed on our Delivery Information page.
We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery on your order. Please make sure this address is accurate, and that you are careful to select the appropriate address for shipping and billing. We cannot accept any liability for loss or damage to the goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
We aim to deliver within the quoted time frame, but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date has changed.
You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied are not for resale.
We aim to provide high quality plants and products to our customers. Accordingly we warrant that where the goods and products that are not already covered by a manufacturer’s guarantee, they will meet our specification and will be free from defects at the time of delivery. If the goods arrive with you in an unacceptable state, please contact our customer service team to highlight the problem, and we will replace or refund your goods as applicable.
The availability and colour of plants may vary according to the season and market availability. We will alert you if there has been a change in your order of live plants, and give you the option to cancel and refund your order, or offer you a suitable alternative.
On rare occasions, when we are unable to fulfil your order, we may send an alternative plant which will be carefully chosen as a suitable substitute. If you are unhappy with what you have received, we will be happy to give you a full refund.
offers & promotions
Occasionally we run offers, promotions and sales online which adhere to the following guidelines:
- All offers are subject to availability. Sale items are limited stock and although a product may show as in stock we may occasionally be unable to fulfil the order, due to increased demand. If we are unable to fulfil an order, you will be sent a letter notifying you of this and given a refund for the item.
- Offers can only be redeemed once and not in conjunction with any other offer. Discounts apply to the value of the goods only. Not redeemable against: previous orders, gift vouchers, gift wrap, courses, overseas delivery, sale items or items in the shop at Perch Hill.
- Offers giving £5 off have minimum spend of £5 excluding P&P.
- Offers are not transferable or for publication online or offline.
- All offers exclude delivery charges – this applies to both the spend threshold and the application of the overall discount. The exception is free P&P (excluding Next Day Delivery).
- Offer end dates apply.
- Offers are at the sole discretion of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd and are subject to variation or withdrawal without notice.
- Offers or promotions cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
- If you have ordered 11 packets of seeds or more you are entitled to the cheapest free (unfortunately this may not apply with other offer codes – please contact our customer service team if you have a problem).
- Discounts and offers on seeds – not redeemable against: seed tin collections, seed shakers or seed collections in gift boxes
Free gift promotions
All free gift promotions adhere to the following restrictions:
- Free gifts will be automatically added to the basket when the offer code is entered at checkout, if the offer requirements have been met. In the unlikely event that the gift becomes unavailable we will substitute with a product of equal or greater value. The exception to this is when the total number of products allocated for the offer has been met – in this instance the total number allocated will be made clear in the offer, eg The first 1,000 orders placed will receive a free XXX.
- Only one free gift allowed per order and only one order per customer per promotion.
- All free gifts are subject to availability. This refers to the amount of stock available for that particular promotion.
- Any minimum spend amount should be reached excluding the price of the free gift and any P&P.
Excluded products from promotions
- Where an offer includes a monetary discount (eg XX% off or spend £X get £X off) the following items will be excluded from that offer: Sale items, Gift vouchers, Courses or Multi-buy offers.
- Products for sale in the shop at Perch Hill are not valid for promotions run by Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd unless specified.
- Free P&P offers are redeemable against UK mainland delivery. Free P&P does not apply to overseas delivery or next day delivery options.
We reserve the right to amend the offer exclusion list at our discretion and without prior warning.
All reviews will be reviewed prior to publishing to ensure they are appropriate and not likely to cause offence. In most instances reviews will then appear alongside the product within a working week. If you have a particular problem with a product and would like to draw it to our attention please contact customer services. We reserve the right to contact you via email following a review for the following reasons:
- following on from a review where we feel we have relevant, useful information that could help you in the future regarding our products or services
We work with reputable third party payment providers, who use digital signatures and strong encryption to ensure that all sensitive information is protected throughout every transaction.
The total liability of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd for any claim, howsoever arising, shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by us to the customer.
If you have a valid claim based on the poor condition or quality of your goods and you return them within a reasonable time, you are entitled to choose between a refund or replacement where possible.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We endeavour to keep the website up-to-date, but retain the right to update product information without notice.
Please click here for our full Email Policy, including information on how we collected your email address, why we have emailed you, how to unsubscribe from our marketing emails, and what to do if you feel you have received unsolicited emails from us.
All of the written, photographic, design and video content of sarahraven.com, along with the arrangement of it, are the copyrighted property of Sarah Raven's Kitchen & Garden Ltd, or that of the people who have granted us the right to use it. All rights reserved.
None of the material on the website or social media channels may be used without our written permission. You may download Planting Instructions or print off a single copy of a webpage for your own personal, non-commercial use offline.
The majority of photographs on the website are credited to Jonathan Buckley. Copyright resides with him and use of these images must be agreed with Sarah Raven Ltd and/or Jonathan Buckley in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Competition rules: No purchase necessary. One entry only per person. Prizes are not refundable or transferable. The winner will be chosen by the staff at Sarah Raven. Their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on our website or social media sites (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition. Competition ends 3pm on Wednesday 16th December.
Terms and conditions: Eligibility: Open to over 16s with a UK mainland address. Any entries sent after 3pm on Wednesday 16th December will not be considered eligible for the competition. The winner will be contacted via email. Copyright & Usage Rights: Copyright of the images remains with the photographer – the entrant, the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission. Entries can be used for publicity purposes by Sarah Raven and may be published on our website or social media sites (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).