returns and refunds
We hope that you are delighted with your order from us. However, we understand that you may occasionally wish to return an item/order if you change your mind, if you find an item which is not as you expect, or if an item is faulty.
Please examine your items and inform us of any problems as soon as you receive your delivery, as returns must be processed within 28 days of receiving your order.
The procedure for returning an item to us depends on the circumstances. Please see the relevant section below, or contact us if you are unsure.
all plants, seedlings and bulbs:
The procedure for returning live products can vary depending on the type, season, condition, size, quantity and reason. If you wish to return plants, seedlings, plugs, bulbs, tubers, bare roots, etc, please contact our customer services team immediately upon receiving your order, to discuss the best course of action.
Depending on the circumstances, we may not need you to return these items and therefore may not be able to refund the postage if you post an item without getting in touch first. We regret that if items are returned using 'special delivery' or 'signed for' services, we may not be able to refund the whole cost.
other items (seeds, gardening kit, etc)
if you change your mind, or an item is not as expected...
... you do not need to get in touch with us first. We are happy to offer a refund or exchange if you return your item to us within 28 days of receiving your order.*
- Check your item is in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging.
- To help us process your return quickly, please fill out the form on the back of the delivery note and enclose it in your parcel. Alternatively, you can download and print our returns form (pdf).
- Affix the correct postage and return your parcel to Sarah Raven (returns department), Unit 1, Wrangaton Business Park, South Brent, Devon, TQ10 9GQ.
- We recommend you obtain a certificate of posting from the Post Office, as you are responsible for the goods until they reach us.
- If you are returning a large or heavy parcel and find the postage charge is a little high, please get in touch with us first as we may know a cheaper alternative.
We regret that we are only able to refund postage charges if you have been sent incorrect, faulty or damaged goods. Therefore we do not recommend paying extra for 'special delivery' or 'signed for' services.
if an item is faulty or damaged, or you have been sent an incorrect product...
... please contact our customer services team within 28 days of receiving your order to discuss the best course of action.
Depending on the circumstances, we may not need you to return a damaged item and therefore may not be able to refund the postage if you post an item without getting in touch first. We regret that if items are returned using 'special delivery' or 'signed for' services, we may not be able to refund the whole cost.
We cannot accept returns of Printed or Online Gift Vouchers. We also cannot accept returns of personalised items that have been made to order, unless the item is faulty. Plants, seedlings and bulbs may not be eligible for return, please contact customer services for further advice.