how do I redeem an offer code?
Please note, these instructions detail how to redeem an offer code on your order. If you wish to redeem a gift voucher instead, please click here for instructions. A gift voucher code will look something like this: XXX-XX1-X1XXX-XXXXX.
to redeem an offer code against your order:
- When you have finished shopping, view your basket page. You will see a summary of the products (and options) you have chosen, the sub-total, P&P charge and the total payable for your order.
- Below the total, you will see a box labelled Have an offer code?. Enter your offer code exactly how it appears on your voucher / email / leaflet / etc (eg AT14B1). Click Submit.
- Once the page reloads, check your order is now what you expect. You should see a green bar near the top of the page, explaining the code has been applied to your order. You will also see a box under the total giving more details about the offer.
- If you are happy your basket is correct, please click Proceed to secure checkout and complete your purchase as normal.
- If your offer code does not look like it has been applied correctly, please see our troubleshooting guide below:
If you are shown a grey bar that explains your code is not valid, please read the terms and conditions that came with your code and check the following:
- Did you type the code correctly? If you've misspelled your code, please try again using the instructions above (codes are not case sensitive).
- Is the offer still valid? We always give an end date with our codes, so please check this date hasn't passed.
- Is the offer only valid once per customer? You may have already used the code on a past order. If an offer applies correctly but then is removed after you log in, this is likely to be the reason.
If you are shown a green bar that explains your code has been applied, but you don't think it has worked correctly, please read the terms and conditions that came with your code and check the following:
- Is there a minimum spend? Please check the terms and conditions of your offer, as sometimes they are only valid if you spend over a certain amount (eg 10% off when you spend £20). If you add more items to your basket to reach the minimum spend, you should find the offer is then applied without you needing to enter the code again.
- Does the offer apply to only certain items? We may run an offer that is only valid if you purchase a certain item or type of item (eg free P&P when you buy tulips). Please check your basket contains the required items. You can add additional items to your basket, so long as the original offer terms are met.
- Are the items in your basket on sale? Our offers are usually only valid on full-priced items. An offer will not be applied to any item that is currently on our sale page.
- Are the items in your basket under a different offer? Sometimes we may run special offers on certain products, which are applied automatically and don't require you to input a code (eg 11 packs of seed for the price of 10). You may find other offer codes are not valid on an item that has already been discounted.
- Has another discount already been applied? Only one offer code may be redeemed per order. If you have already entered your offer code but then change your mind and choose to use another, please check under the Total for your order – you should see a box which shows the discount that is currently applied. Click Remove Discount, then enter your new offer code as above.
- Are you ordering from overseas? We regret that our Free P&P offers can only be applied to UK mainland addresses. We also cannot send live bulbs or plants overseas, so our free bulb or plant offers are also only valid on orders sent within the UK.
If you are still having problems applying your offer code, please get in touch with our Customer Services team for help completing your order. Please note we are unable to apply an offer code to an order that has already been placed.
Please also read our full terms and conditions for redeeming an offer code.
how do I redeem a gift voucher?
my offer code doesn't seem to be working, why?
You'll need to claim any offer code on your shopping basket page, before proceeding to the checkout. Please ensure your total is as expected.
In general, please check the requirements and conditions of the code, check the expiry date and make sure that you're only using one offer code per order. For more help and full instructions, please read How to redeem an offer code.
does Sarah Raven deliver outside the UK?
can I cancel, amend, or add to an order?
It isn't possible to amend an online order via your online account. If you would like to make any amendments please contact us and we will do our best to fulfil your request.
If you would like to cancel an order then please contact us, letting us know which items you would like to cancel and whether you would like a refund or credit for a future order.
If you would like to add to your order we can do that for you. Unfortunately we do not store card details to add the extra items, so please call us with your order number and the product number for the items you'd like to add and we can arrange this for you.
Please note that if your order is already being processed by our warehouses ('in picking'), then we will be unable to amend or cancel your order. Therefore we advise that you get in contact as soon as possible after placing your order.
can I get my items gift wrapped?
We offer gift wrap across many of our products. Please note there is only one type of wrap per product, determined by the size and shape of the gift you've chosen. We can only add one gift message per order, if you wish to order more than one gift these need to be placed on separate orders.
Only items showing as 'in stock' can be gift wrapped. For more information please see our gift wrap guide.
what method of payment can I use?
credit or debit card
We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard or Maestro credit or debit cards. We are sorry but we can't accept payment by American Express. There is no additional charge for using a credit card. We work with reputable third party payment providers, who use digital signatures and strong encyption to ensure that all sensitive information is protected throughout every transaction.
online gift voucher (reveived by email)
Can be redeemed against all products and courses purchased online. Enter your unique voucher code at checkout. For more information and FAQ's related to online gift vouchers please visit our gifting page.
If you choose to pay via paypal you can either;
- Login to your Sarah Raven account as usual (recommended) and once at the checkout section, select Paypal as your payment method. You will then be directed to the Paypal site where you'll need to login to your account and pay for your order.
- Checkout as a guest - when using this option you just need to fill out your details on the website and select Paypal as your payment method. You will then be directed to the Paypal site where you'l need to login to your account and pay for your order. You won't need to create a Sarah Raven account, however, if you choose this option you won't be able to see your order history.
All Paypal orders are charged at the time of ordering. Refunds are issued via your Paypal account and will show within 2-3 working days of the refund being processed on our system. We're sorry, but for security reasons we do not offer Paypal as a method of payment for exchange orders.
credit or debit card
To order over the phone please call 0345 092 0283. You can pay via credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard or Maestro. We regret that we cannot accept payment by American Express. There is no additional charge for using a credit card. We work with reputable third party payment providers, who use digital signatures and strong encyption to ensure that all sensitive information is protected throughout every transaction.
printed gift voucher (received by post)
Can be redeemed against all products and courses purchased over the phone or by post. Quote your unique voucher code when prompted.
All prices include VAT at the current rate where applicable.
will I be charged at the time of order and will my card details be saved?
Yes, your payment will be processed at the point of order. All prices include VAT at the current rate where applicable.
There is the option of saving your card details online for future use by ticking the 'securely save card details for later' option. This can be found on the payment section at checkout. Please note that we do not store your 3 digit security code.
Card details are not stored on our internal order system, so we might need to ask for your card details again if you choose to add to an order or require a refund.
For further information, please see our Payment, Guarantees and Returns page.
will I get a confirmation email?
Yes, if you have provided us with an email address at the time of order then you will receive an email confirmation. You will also receive an email when your order has been despatched.
Please note, even if you have opted out of receiving our emails containing all the latest news and exclusive offers, you will still receive emails relating to your order.
do I need to pay multiple postage costs for each despatch?
You will pay one postage charge of £4.95 for standard orders or £2.50 for seed-only orders. This is incorporated in to the grand total that is paid at the time of order, and there will not be any additional charges if your order is sent out in multiple despatches.
For more information, please see our Delivery page.
I have put together my order using the catalogue - how do I order the products online?
You can find products using the drop down categories at the top of the website, or search for products by name or catalogue number and then add to your basket from there.
how do I set up an account?
It is very easy to set up and manage an account on our website. Click 'My Account' at the top of the page, where you can sign up as a new customer – simply enter your details and click 'Register'. Once logged in, you can set up your billing and delivery addresses and view your order history.
You may also wish to sign up to receive our emails – packed with exclusive online offers, news from Perch Hill, and gardening tips and advice. To sign up, visit our homepage and scroll down until you see 'join us'.
where else can I buy Sarah Raven products?
The shop at Perch Hill stocks various seed varieties and some of our gardening and cooking kit, however they are restricted on the amount of varieties that they can stock due to space. If you were unable to purchase any varieties during a Perch Hill visit, please view our whole range using the menus at the top of the website or the search facility in the top right.
Every product we supply will have passed our high quality standards, and we hope you are delighted with your goods.
Please examine your order when it arrives and get in contact with Customer Services as soon as possible. If you have any problems, you can call them on 0345 092 0283. Please click here for our returns guide.
our seeds guarantee
All our seed has been through rigorous germination tests. Apart from the larger beans and peas, seed is packed in hermetically sealed inner sachets, and then placed in an outer packet. None of our seed has been genetically modified or chemically treated. If you are not happy with the germination or you have any other quality concerns, please contact us and we will refund or replace your packet.
This guarantee does not affect and is in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer.
will my plants be ok packaged up if they are delayed in transit?
Our plants and seedlings are all grown and nurtured by our nursery and sent to you at the best stage of development for safe transportation and for you to grow them on successfully. Therefore live items have to be despatched when our nursery judges that they are ready, and we regretfully advise that we are unable to accept requests for them to be held for despatch on or after certain dates.
If you are not likely to be at home when your items are due to be delivered ( see individual product pages or our delivery page here) then please let us have an alternative delivery address (perhaps a neighbour or family member). To ensure that we are able to arrange this request, we will require at least 3 weeks before the delivery period given.
what size and heights will the plants/bulbs be sent out in?
To get an idea on the sizes of our plants and bulbs, please visit our Plant Sizes & Product Info page.
To find out the overall height of a plant when it is growing in your garden, please see the individual product pages.
are Sarah Raven seeds genetically modified?
No, we do not stock genetically modified seed. If seed is organic, this will be mentioned in the product information.
are Sarah Raven plants grown using peat?
We are committed to sourcing sustainably sourced peat and to reduce the amount of peat used in our growing media.
We are not yet in a position to produce 100% of our stock in a peat alternative, however we are continually reviewing growing methods as part of our policy.