pomegranate bellinis recipe
Pomegranates are at their sweetest and best from late autumn through early winter, so make the most of them. You can squeeze the juice yourself or buy it.
Makes 6 glasses
- 300ml good-quality pomegranate juice
- 2 oranges, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau or any other orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1 bottle prosecco or champagne
- Seeds from ½ pomegranate
Put the fruit juices in a pan with the sugar, cardamom pods and Cointreau and simmer for 6–7 minutes, until reduced to about 300ml.
Allow to cool, then strain into a jug, discarding the cardamom pods.
Divide the syrup equally between 6 glasses, top up with the prosecco and serve with a few pomegranate seeds dropped in.
The recipe featured in the 2015 Sarah Raven Diary.
You may also like: