Velvet Trough Pot Collection
In this collection
- Container Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 1.5m (5ft)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 45cm (18in) - Trailing
I adored this water trough, bang outside our door last summer and autumn, swathed in velvet with spires of the grass and bells of the phygelius to prevent the texture from becoming over-rich. This did well with us in light shade.This collection contains:
- 2 x 9cm pots of Petunia 'Black Velvet'
- 1 x 9cm pot of Calibrachoa 'Double Can-Can Wine Red'
- 2 x 9cm pots of x Petchoa hybrida 'BeautiCal Cinnamon'
- 2 x 9cm pots of Pennisetum purpureum 'Vertigo'
- 2 x 9cm pots of Setaria italica 'Red Jewel'
- 1 x 9cm pot of Phygelius x rectus 'Salmon Leap'
- 1 x 9cm pot of Phygelius x rectus 'Devil's Tears'
- 1 x 9cm pot of Nemesia 'Sunmesia Dark Red'
Water and deadhead as often as you can and start a weekly feed after about a month. The plants will need protection from early frosts, so keep somewhere frost-free in the spring.