Summer Edible Flowers Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 60cm (24in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Grow these plants in well-drained soil in sun to partial shade. As well as the kitchen garden, they also work well in the middle of a herbaceous border. Support maybe required.
If you like this, you may also like All Year Edible Flower Seed Collection
We use edible flowers every day at Perch Hill and these are my current favourites – some old and some new members of traditional edible flower families. They make great cut flowers too.This collection contains 1 plant each of:
- Tagetes patula 'Linnaeus Burning Embers'
- Nasturtium 'Purple Emperor' (Tropaeolum majus)
- Calendula officinalis 'Sunset Buff'
- Borage (borago officinalis)
- Tagetes tenuifolia 'Red Gem'
- Heart's Ease (Viola tricolor)
Deadhead to prolong flowering. May need staking.