Summer Edible Flowers Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 60cm (24in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Grow these plants in well-drained soil in sun to partial shade. As well as the kitchen garden, they also work well in the middle of a herbaceous border. Support maybe required.
We use edible flowers every day at Perch Hill and these are my current favourites – some old and some new members of traditional edible flower families. They make great cut flowers too.This collection contains 1 plant each of:
- Tagetes patula 'Linnaeus Burning Embers'
- Nasturtium 'Purple Emperor' (Tropaeolum majus)
- Calendula officinalis 'Sunset Buff'
- Borage (borago officinalis)
- Tagetes tenuifolia 'Red Gem'
- Heart's Ease (Viola tricolor)
Deadhead to prolong flowering. May need staking.