Sparkling Fountain Collection
In this collection
- Tender Perennial
- Border (Middle), Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- July - October
- 90cm (36in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
Soft, airy meadow flowers appeal to me more and more — hence this vase picked from a border in our annual trial last summer, planted with simple, elegant beauty in mind. Mix the grass with the verbena as background, adding the white saucer-flowers of cosmos to provide the substance.This collection contains:
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Cosmos bipinnatus 'Purity'
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Cosmos bipinnatus 'Fizzy White'
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Panicum capillare 'Sparkling Fountain'
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Verbena rigida 'Santos Purple'
- 5 or 10 rooted cuttings of Verbena bonariensis
Harden seedlings off and plant out after the last frosts, either in rows or intermingled in a border. Pinch back cosmos and verbena if needed and stake the cosmos. Keep well watered for the first few weeks.