Sherbet Candy Viola Collection
- Container Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- February - September
- 15cm (6in)
- x wittrockiana
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
The Frizzle Sizzle series violas divide people strongly. You’ll either find them too froufrou for words, or love their craziness, as if their outer petal edges are gathered on a thread. I’m mad about them and the similar Ruffles series. You can plant them now or in spring. All the viola family, but particularly these, press fabulously and look great mounted onto cards and pictures, best against a black background.This collection contains:
- 5 jumbo seedlings of Viola x wittrockiana 'Frizzle Sizzle Lemonberry'
- 5 rooted cuttings of Viola x wittrockiana 'Ruffles Dark Heart'
- 5 rooted cuttings of Viola x wittrockiana 'Ruffles Wine'
- 5 rooted cuttings of Viola x wittrockiana 'Ruffles Soft Lavender'
- 5 jumbo seedlings of Viola x wittrockiana 'Frizzle Sizzle Yellow Blue Swirl' F1
Pick the flowers and scatter them onto salads.
Deadhead or pick regularly to prolong flowering and maintain a compact shape. If plants become leggy, a mid-season chop in July to 5cm (2in) above ground-level will help promote bushy re-growth.