Sarah Raven Wild Flower Meadow Mix Seeds
In this mix
- Ground Cover (Scattered)
- Neutral - Alkaline
- March - October
- 60cm (24in)
- Full Sun
- Allow approximately 1g of pure wildflower seed/m²
- Sow direct April-May or September-October. Clear area, dig over if necessary and rake soil to form a fine seed bed. Mix the seed with some dry sand to help disperse the seed evenly. Scatter the seeds over the area, rake and water.
There are two main things I want from my wild flower meadow – to look beautiful for months not weeks, with flowers coming out and going over in succession and to grow pollen-rich, insect friendly plants from early in the year to late.
I want my patch to be a regular and reliable food source for the birds and the bees. That's what you'll get with these beautiful selections of my favourite easy and reliable perennial wild flowers.
This can be gift wrapped in our exclusive gift box, with tissue paper and a Sarah Raven gift card. You will be able to add this to your basket once you begin the checkout process. To add a gift message to your order, simply fill out the details at the delivery stage of the checkout. Please note: only items which are showing ‘in stock’ can be gift wrapped.
- 1 seed packet contains 10g of Wildflower Mix seed.
- 100g seed option contains 20% wildflower and 80% grass seed to cover 25m² or equivalent area.
- Seed shaker contains 18g of seed mixed with approximately 65g of buckwheat husks to aid even scattering. Covers an area of approximately 18 square metres.
The mix starts to flower in spring with Cowslip, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Lady's Bedstraw, Rough Hawksbit, Red Clover, Oxeye Daisy, Yellow Rattle, Meadow Buttercup. Followed through the summer and into Autumn with Selfheal, Sorrel, Tufted Vetch, Knapweed, Toadflax, Musk Mallow and Ragged Robin.
- Seed of UK origin
Please note: This is harmful if eaten.