In this mix
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual, Half-Hardy Annual, Biennial, Hardy Perennial
- Ground Cover (Scattered)
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October from spring sowings but will flower from spring in subsequent years.
- 75cm (30in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 6g seed, plus buckwheat husks, to cover 3m x 1m or equivalent area.
- Scatter the seed onto the surface of well prepared soil and cover with a layer of coarse sand. Water with a fine spray to avoid disturbing the surface of the soil. Germination rates will differ, with some species not germinating until next year.
The ultimate annual, biennial and perennial pollinator flower mix, with every plant super-rich in nectar and/or pollen, and truly beautiful.
The range of plants gives you – and the butterflies and bees – a succession of flowers all through from spring (with forget-me-nots) to summer (Phacelia is super-charged for bees) and autumn (with coreopsis and cosmos). If you want to do your bit for biodiversity, this is the perfect thing.
A mix of 23 annuals and biennials plus 27 perennials including Marvel of Peru, Sweet William, Viper’s Bugloss, Phacelia, Reseda, Myosotis, Lychnis, Dame’s Rocket, Cornflower, Cheiranthus, Oenothera, Centaurea jacea, Coreopsis, Stock, Annual Lupin, Dill, Lunaria, Yarrow, Cosmos and Foxglove.
- 6g of seed to cover 2.5m x 1m or equivalent area
- Full soil preparation and sowing instructions will be sent out with this packet of seed
- Seed shaker contains 18g of seed mixed with approximately 65g of buckwheat husks to aid even scattering. Covers an area of 7 square metres
Remove weeds appearing between your lines; otherwise just leave the meadow to grow. Cut annually in late winter/early spring to let light in and encourage self-sowing. Flowers June - Oct from a spring sowing; earlier in subsequent years.