Outdoor Planting Tomato Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Full Sun
- 60cm (24in)
- Sow seed under cover February-March in warmth. Keep small plants in a sunny, frost-free environment until they can be planted in the greenhouse from late April or outdoors in late May.
The tomato varieties that did best in our outdoor trial in the garden in 2020. They emerged to have the strongest blight resistance and were happy growing even in our colder, wetter, windier conditions of last summer. If you don’t have a greenhouse, these six, with good flavour, are the ones I recommend.This collection contains 1 seed packet each of the following varieties, and the plant collections contain:
- 1 or 2 x 9cm pots of Tomato 'Stupicke Polni Rane'
- 1 or 2 x 9cm pots of Tomato 'Cocktail Crush'
- 1 or 2 x 9cm pots of Tomato 'Sungold' F1
- 1 or 2 x 9cm pots of Tomato 'Chocolate Cherry'
- 1 x 9cm pot of Tomato 'Black Russian'
Under cover or outside they need staking, regular watering and weekly feeding for best results. Pinch out side shoots as they develop and then pinch out the tops once they have set 5 or 6 trusses.