Hardy Annual Cutting Patch Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 2m (6ft 6in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 30-45cm (12-18in)
- Grow these plants in well-drained soil in sun to partial shade. As well as the cutting garden they also work well in the middle ground amongst a range of plants in a mixed herbaceous border. Support maybe required.
Make this the year you grow your own flowers. Keep picking these annuals and they will produce flowers for you to have in vases all over the house.
This carefully planned selection of cut flower seedlings will produce 3-4 vases of flowers a week, from June until October. This is brilliant value and an easy and hugely rewarding thing to grow.
You will need at least 3.5m x 4m of space in the garden in sun. Full instructions and planting plan included.
Please note: These seedlings can be affected by the spring weather conditions and will be sent out at the optimum time for planting straight out in the garden.
Hardy Annual Cutting Patch – 112 seedlings, or 8 packs of seed (1 packet of each):
- Calendula officinalis 'Indian Prince' – 20 seedlings
- Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens' – 10 seedlings
- Euphorbia oblongata – 20 seedlings (Please note: This is toxic if eaten. It is a skin and eye irritant.)
- Helianthus annuus 'Claret' F1 – 10 seedlings
- Malope trifida 'Vulcan' – 10 seedlings
- Salvia viridis 'Blue Monday' – 10 seedlings
- Harlequin Sweet Pea Mix – 12 seedlings
- Scabious atropurpurea 'Olympia Mix' – 20 seedlings
Keep moist until established and apply a liquid feed fortnightly through the summer. Deadhead flowers regularly to encourage repeat flowering all summer long.