Delft Sweet Pea Collection
In this collection
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Cutting Garden, On a Climbing Support
- Broad Tolerance
- Late May from an autumn sowing, early summer if sown in spring.
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant out, 2 plants to a vertical support, 15cm (6in) apart in a mild spell in March-May.
- Sow October to April, 2 seeds into 1 Rootrainer. When roots fill container, pot on 2 seedlings together into a 1 litre pot. Pinch out tips when plants have 4 pairs of leaves. If autumn sown, overwinter in a light, cool place.
I love the simple blue and white decorated pottery of Delft. Arranged in a vase, and growing together in the garden, that’s just what these remind me of. I love their classic calm.This collection contains 1 seed packet each of:
- Sweet Pea 'Sir Jimmy Shand'
- Sweet Pea 'Nimbus'
- Sweet Pea 'Memorial Flight'
Plant seedlings out during a mild spell March-May, providing support. Tie the stems into your framework on a regular basis and pinch out tendrils.