Cutting Patch Seed Collection
In this collection
- Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Grow these plants in well-drained soil in sun to partial shade. As well as the cutting garden they also work well in the middle ground amongst a range of plants in a mixed herbaceous border. Support maybe required.
These carefully planned selections of cut flower seeds will produce 3-4 vases of flowers a week, from June until October. This is brilliant value and an easy and hugely rewarding thing to grow. Full instructions and planting plans are included on how to create two 3.5m x 4m cutting patches in a sunny area.This collection contains 1 pack each of:
- Amaranthus caudatus 'Viridis'
- Antirrhinum 'Liberty Classic Crimson' F1
- Calendula officinalis 'Indian Prince'
- Cerinthe major 'Purpurascens'
- Cleome spinosa 'Colour Mix'
- Cosmos bipinnatus 'Purity'
- Cosmos bipinnatus 'Dazzler'
- Euphorbia oblongata
- Harlequin Sweet Pea Mix
- Helianthus annuus 'Claret' F1
- Helianthus debilis 'Vanilla Ice'
- Malope trifida 'Vulcan'
- Salvia viridis 'Blue Monday'
- Scabiosa atropurpurea 'Tall Double Mix'
- Zinnia elegans 'Giant Dahlia Mix'
- Ipomoea lobata – climber for a teepee or frame
Keep moist until established and apply a liquid feed fortnightly through the summer. Deadhead flowers regularly to encourage repeat flowering all summer long.