Cheery Cherry Tomato Collection
In this collection
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Full Sun
- 60cm (24in)
- Sow seed under cover February-March in warmth. Keep small plants in a sunny, frost-free environment until they can be planted in the greenhouse from late April or outdoors in late May.
The top 4 in our tomato trial last summer — all cherry varieties, with a great mix of colour, sweetness and overall taste. All 8 -10/10 in our opinion.This collection contains:
- 3 seedlings each of Tomato 'Riesentraube Cherry' - good, nice texture, very sweet, huge quantity per truss
- 6 seedlings each of Tomato 'Sweet Aperitif' - the best taste overall. Every taster said ooh or wow. Lots of fruit per truss and they ripen evenly
- 3 seedlings each of Tomato 'Ildi' F1 - huge amount of fruit that look fantastic and nearly all ripen at the same time. Good taste
- 3 seedlings each of Tomato 'Garnet' - lovely, sweet, great flavour and firmness, with lots of fruit
Under cover or outside they need staking, regular watering and weekly feeding for best results. Pinch out side shoots as they develop and then pinch out the tops once they have set 5 or 6 trusses.