Blue Mojito Collection
In this collection
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 75cm (30in)
- Full Sun
- 15 seedlings fills 3.5m² (i.e. 3.5m x 1m border or patch)
- Sow under cover in mid spring. Plant out after last frosts. Gradually acclimatise plants to outdoor conditions for 7-10 days before moving to their final position. Ideal for growing in pots in a free-draining compost.
The lime provides the essential sharpener to the blues and mauves for marvellous, zingy bunches for months at a stretch - one of the very best colour combinations.This collection contains 1 seed packet, 5 or 10 seedlings, or 5 jumbo seedlings each of:
- Ageratum houstonianum 'Blue Horizon'
- Nicotiana alata 'Lime Green'
- Salvia viridis 'Blue Monday'
The collection is seen here arranged with Salvia patens 'Guanajuato'.
Keep moist until established and apply a liquid feed fortnightly through the summer. Deadhead flowers regularly to encourage repeat flowering all summer long.