Amethyst and Sapphire Cut Flower Mix
In this mix
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual, Hardy Perennial
- Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- June - October
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 700 seeds to cover 2sq metres, 1400 seeds to cover 4sq metres. Plant seedlings 30-45cm (12-18in) apart, 15 seedlings fills 2.5m² (ie 2.5m x 1m border or patch).
- Mix seeds and sow direct April-June. Clear area, dig over, rake soil to form a fine seed bed into which seeds will readily germinate. Scatter seeds evenly, rake over and water
A jewel-like mix to grow in a sunny patch and pick for the house. The anchusa and salvia provide the lower storey, the cornflower and verbena the upper, and all three are rich in nectar and pollen.
The seed mix contains:
- Anchusa 'Blue Angel' (Alkinet)
- Centaurea 'Blue Boy' (Cornflower)
- Verbena bonariensis
- Salvia viridis 'Blue Monday' (Blue Clary)
The plant collection contains:
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Centaurea 'Blue Boy' (Cornflower)
- 5 or 10 rooted cuttings of Verbena bonariensis
- 5 or 10 seedlings of Salvia viridis 'Blue Monday'
If you have ordered these seeds, we have had unforeseen delays and they will now be available early March. We apologise for any inconvenience.
As well as the cutting garden these work well amongst a range of plants in a mixed herbaceous border. Support maybe required. Keep moist until established. Deadhead flowers regularly to encourage repeat flowering all summer long.