lemon bean salad recipe
This makes a wonderful bean salad that is particularly good with chicken.
- 450g French beans (thicker ones if possible)
for the lemon dressing:
- Juice of 2 lemons and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and black pepper
First make the dressing: whisk together all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the beans in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Drain and plunge them into cold water.
Mix the beans with the dressing. Serve cold or at room temperature.
This recipe appears on p.210 of Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook.