Tomato and Basil Plant Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- 1.8m (6ft)
- 10 seedlings
- Full Sun
- 60cm (24in)
- Sow seed under cover February-March in warmth. Keep small plants in a suny, frost-free environment until they can be planted in the greenhouse from late April or outdoors in late May.
Our tried and tested favourite tomato plants and basil to keep them company. These tomato plants are ideal for growing in the UK and will provide you with tasty tomatoes throughout the summer.This collection contains:
- 2 seedlings of Tomato 'Gardeners Delight' – the classic garden favourite
- 2 seedlings of Tomato 'Noire de Crimee' – a delicious, juicy, Russian variety which grows and crops reliably in the UK, even outside
- 2 seedlings of Tomato 'Sungold' – the sweetest, easiest and most productive cherry tomato
- 4 seedlings of Genovase Basil – a brilliant companion plant, perfect for eating with tomatoes and, if grown close by, helps protect against white fly
Full spacing, planting and growing instructions sent out with every order.
Under cover or outside they need staking, regular watering and weekly feeding for best results. Pinch out side shoots as they develop and then pinch out the tops once they have set 5 or 6 trusses.