|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual
- Border (Front), Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- July - October
- 90cm (36in)
- Full Sun
- 30cm (12in)
- Sow thinly in modules, gutters or wide shallow pots, thinning out when seedlings are recognisable, to ensure you have a mix of each of the three species. Plant out as soon as the frosts are over, taking care to minimise root disturbance
Soft, muted, vintage coloured flowers with beautiful, airy texture from the grass. This is a favourite trio from the cutting garden and the more you pick to bring inside, the more these flower, with even ‘Sparkling Fountain’ truly cut-and-come-again.This collection contains a seed mix of:
- Panicum capillare 'Sparkling Fountain'
- Zinnia elegans 'Queeny Lime Red'
- Phlox drummondii 'Crème Brûlée'
Water once a week and stake plants individually. Tidy up any dead or dying leaves and ensure good air circulation to avoid botrytis. Picking or deadheading is necessary to prolong blooming and encourage branching.