Sarah's Ultimate Dahlias for Containers Collection
(You save )
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Cutting Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- July - November
- 90cm (36in)
- Common name
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Pot up undercover in spring, place somewhere light and frost-free and keep moist. Pinch out growing tips at 20cm and plant out after last frosts. Alternatively plant straight into the ground when the frosts are nearly over.
If I was asked to choose the six best - and most beautiful - moderate sized dahlias ideal for growing on a series of containers, it would be these. Whether in pots in our Perch Hill Dutch Yard or Arthur’s Flower Yard, these are the ones we’d recommend. And don’t forget to pick vases of flowers from them to bring inside.
All dahlia flowers are edible, scatter their petals on salads for flavour, texture and colour.This collection contains:
- 1 x 3L pot of Dahlia 'Josie'
- 1 x 3L pot of Dahlia 'Waltzing Mathilda'
- 1 x 3L pot of Dahlia 'Dahlegria Tricolore'
- 1 x 2L pot of Dahlia 'Dreamy Nights'
- 1 x 2L pot of Dahlia 'Roxy'
- 1 x 2L pot of Dahlia 'Dalaya Aruna'
Dahlia 'Josie' may need support. Lift and overwinter your dahlias frost free undercover.