Sarah Raven Nasturtium Mix
Now From £4.25
(You save )
In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Half-Hardy Annual
- Container Garden, Cutting Garden, Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- July - October
- 45cm (18in)
- Common name
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 75cm (30in) - Trailing
- Sow indoors March-April and plant out after last frosts, or direct sow May-July about 2cm (1in) deep in lines or blocks 20cm (8in) apart. They thrive in poor soil.
Nasturtiums in the richest, burnt amber, Persian carpet colours. Great in pots or front of flower borders, I love picking these for jam jars and vases to put all round the house, and we scatter the whole flowers, as well as individual petals and baby leaves on the top of our late summer and autumn salad bowls. They’re a great multi-purpose mix.This collection contains a seed mix of, or 5 seedlings each of:
- Nasturtium 'Black Velvet' (Tropaeolum minus)
- Nasturtium 'Cherry Rose Jewel' (Tropaeolum majus)
- Nasturtium 'Empress of India' (Tropaeolum minus)
- Nasturtium 'Whirlybird Tangerine'
Once established, nasturtiums need very little attention. If you feed them you will gain leaf at the expense of flowers, and too much watering will give the same result.