In this collection
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- 60cm (24in)
- Common name
- Courgette, Zucchini
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 90cm (36in) apart in each direction when the plants have 5-6 leaves
- Sow under cover from late March. Sow seed on edge (not flat) 2-3cm deep in individual pots. Harden off and plant after last frosts, spacing 90cm apart in each direction. Can sow direct from May, two or three seeds per station, thinned to one.
To look wonderful in the garden and on the plate. If you grow your own courgettes you can pick them small and squeaky fresh and eat the flowers too. They look fantastic clambering over fences, frames and sheds.
The seed collection contains 1 seed packet each of:
- Courgette 'Bianca di Trieste' – exceptional for flowers, as well as lovely, pale-green fruit
- Courgette 'Romanesco' – superb texture and taste and good large flowers for stuffing with dark green, ribbed fruit
- Courgette 'Soleil' F1 – yellow variety for stuffing, tempura and jazzing up courgette pasta and salads
The seedling collection contains 1 seedling each of:
The 9cm pot collection contains 1 plant each of:
Sent out with full spacing, planting and growing instructions.
Water once a week and feed every fortnight with a high potash liquid fertiliser, such as Organic Tomato Fertiliser with Seaweed, once the first fruits start to swell.