summer berry jelly
A summer pudding with no bread, and light on the jelly, which is made from freshly juiced apples, holding together many punnets of super-healthy berries. This needs to be made the day before serving. This amount of gelatine will give a nice soft, not rubbery, set.
- 4 x 1.6g gelatine leaves
- 450g strawberries, hulled and halved if large
- 250g raspberries
- 250g blueberries, plus extra for decoration
- 200g blackcurrants or redcurrants
- 600ml freshly home-pressed apple juice
- A few lemon verbena or mint leaves
- Put the gelatine leaves into a bowl of cold water.
Put the gelatine leaves into a bowl of cold water. Put the fruit into a 2 litre summer pudding bowl, alternating handfuls of different berries.
Warm the apple juice in a pan. Squeeze the water from the gelatine leaves and add them to the juice. Stir to dissolve over a gentle heat, and allow to cool slightly before pouring overthe fruit.
Chill overnight until set.
Dip the bowl into warm water and turn out onto a plate. Decorate with the extra blueberries and a few leaves of lemon verbena or mint.
This recipe originally appeared in Good Good Food.