sauté of peas and lettuce recipe
Serve this as a side dish with chicken or fish, or eat it as a meal on its own with a bowl of rice.
- 80g unsalted butter
- A little caster sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- 500g fresh peas, shelled weight
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 thin slices of pancetta or prosciutto, cut into strips
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, torn or sliced
- Bunch of flat-leaf parsley,finely chopped, to serve
Heat 500ml water with 20g of the butter, a little sugar and a good pinch
Bring it to the boil and plunge in the peas for 3–5 minutes, depending on the size, and then drain and refresh under cold running water.
In a sauté pan, heat the rest of the butter and gently fry the garlic without allowing it to brown.
Add the pancetta or prosciutto, lettuce and peas, and cook together for just 2 minutes.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and serve with a knob of butter and plenty of chopped flat-leaf parsley.