The Carien Crocus Collection in a Gift Box (150 corms)
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Container, Front, In Grass
- Acid, Alkaline, Chalky, Fertile, Sandy
- February - March
- 8-10cm (3-4in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- 150 corms in a Gift Box
- Full Sun, Part Shade
- Plant 8-10cm (3-4in) deep, 10cm (4in) apart.
- Plant outdoors September - November.
Named after my brilliant Dutch garden designer friend, Carien van Boxtel, this is a truly wonderful crocus collection which kicks off a succession of naturalised bulbs in her lawn in Zaltbommel, south of Amsterdam. All the crocus here have been thriving and spreading for years; they are the prettiest, most delicate looking forms, and are now available in a beautiful Sarah Raven gift box, all packed ready to give to your gardening family and friends. Wonderful!This collection contains 25 corms each of:
- Crocus chrysanthus 'Cream Beauty'
- Crocus biflorus 'Blue Pearl'
- Crocus tommasinianus
- Crocus chrysanthus 'Fuscotinctus'
- Crocus chrysanthus 'Snow Bunting'
- Crocus vernus
Can be naturalised easily In Grass but wait until the foliage has died down in June to cut the grass.