Venetian & Harlequin Sweet Peas
In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
- Hardy Annual, Hardy Annual Climber
- Cutting Garden, On a Climbing Support
- Broad Tolerance
- June - September
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Common name
- Sweet Pea
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant out, 2 plants to a vertical support, 15cm (6in) apart in a mild spell in March-May.
- Sow October to April, 2 seeds into 1 Rootrainer. When roots fill container, pot on 2 seedlings together into a 1 litre pot. Pinch out tips when plants have 4 pairs of leaves. If autumn sown, overwinter in a light, cool place.
Buy the Venetian & Harlequin Sweet Pea Collections together.
This collection contains 12 seedlings each of:
- Venetian Sweet Pea Collection– Sweet Peas 'Matucana', 'Lord Nelson' and 'Black Knight'
- Harlequin Sweet Pea Collection– Sweet Peas 'Matucana', 'Lord Nelson' and 'Robert Uvedale'
Plant seedlings out during a mild spell March-May, providing support. Tie the stems into your framework on a regular basis and pinch out tendrils.