Delft Blue Perennial Bulb Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Ground Cover
- Broad Tolerance
- March - April
- 15cm (6in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- 90 items
- Full Sun
- For best effect plant in bold drifts on mass to cover the ground in early spring. Plant in humus-rich soil in September or October. Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant all of the components in naturalistic drifts at a depth of 8-10cm.
A lovely early-flowering mix of bulbs inspired by the classic blue and white patterned Delft blue China. This combination flowers long and hard, is totally perennial, and will naturalise in sun or dappled shade.This collection contains:
- 25 bulbs of Scilla siberica
- 20 tubers of Anemone blanda 'White Splendour'
- 20 tubers of Anemone blanda 'Blue Shades'
- 25 bulbs of Muscari latifolium
Can be naturalised easily In Grass but wait until the foliage has died down in June to cut the grass.