Vine Weevil Killer
In this mix
- 1 treatment
Vine Weevil Killer will be sent out from April, when temperatures are high enough for it to be used successfully.
Vine Weevil is a nasty pest which is particularly prevalent in containers, although it can be elsewhere in the garden too.
This treatment contains the natural nematode, Steinernema Kraussei, which is effective at controlling vine weevil grubs, but is totally safe for children, pets and wildlife and can be used on edible crops too. It has been approved for use in organic gardening by the Soil Association. Nemasys® Vine Weevil Killer needs a soil temperature of 5c, so will be despatched when soil temperatures are warm enough. Mix the treatment powder with water and apply directly to the plant like a liquid feed. Apply as soon as you discover grubs in the spring and autumn.
- Safe for children and pets.
- Full instructions included.
- Treats 160 x 12" pots or 12 sqm.
- Nemasys Vine Weevil Killer is a perishable, living product, so it is sent out fresh by Royal Mail 1st class post. Being a perishable, living product, it must be used before the expiry date (which is marked on the inside of the pack and will be at least 2 weeks) and it must be stored in the fridge until it is needed. Once opened, the contents do not keep, so it must be used in one day - do NOT store the made up solution or powder. 1 or 2 packs will go through your letterbox and should be popped in the fridge as soon as possible - they are fine on the doormat while you are at work.
- Simply mix the harmless powder with water and apply to the soil around the plant using a watering can fitted with a rose or use a hose-end feeder for larger areas. Use the whole pack before the expiry date, which is marked on the inside of the pack and will be at least a couple of weeks.
Please note that delivery is not available to the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland at this time. For more information please see the delivery tab.