Sarah's Ultimate Winter into Spring Salad Collection
In this collection
- Kitchen Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- April - November
- 30cm (12in)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Part Shade
If you have under-cover space – a greenhouse, polytunnel or cold frame, this mix of hardy salads, herbs and edible flowers are the ones I recommend for planting now to pick from winter until the end of spring. They are tasty, highly productive (even in the cold) and handsome.This collection contains:
- 1 seedling of Spinach 'Rubino' F1
- 1 seedling of Mustard 'Red Giant'
- 1 seedling of Mizuna
- 1 seedling of Komatsuna
- 1 seedling of Mustard 'Red Frills'
- 1 seedling of Mizuna 'Red Knight' F1
- 1 seedling of Rocket (Salad)
- 1 seedling of Mustard 'Wasabi'
- 1 seedling of Winter Purslane
- 1 x 9cm pot of Polyanthus 'Stella Champagne' F1
Best grown in a fertile, moisture-retentive soil improved with well-rotted organic matter such as garden compost., can be grown in container. Keep plants well-watered during hot, dry weather and protect from slugs/snails.