Rich Conker Container Collection
In this collection
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Container Garden
- Broad Tolerance
- May/June - October/November
- 1.5m (5ft)
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 30-90cm (12-35in)
- Grow in well-drained soil in a sunny, sheltered spot. Plant out after all danger of frost has passed. Gradually acclimatise plants to outdoor conditions for 7-10 days before moving to their final position.
This was the pot on my doorstep last summer and autumn and I’d repeat it again and again. I absolutely love the velvet slipper plant, Calceolaria ‘Kentish Hero’, which now overwinters in a sheltered spot in our garden. That’s the central plant to this container, (the ‘thriller’), backed up by the May to November flowering cuphea (the ‘filler’). The hibiscus gives us height (the 'pillar'), the calibrachoa the curving cascader (or 'spiller'). To me this is perfection.This collection contains:
- 2 plants of Calceolaria integrifolia 'Kentish Hero'
- 2 plants of Hibiscus acetosella 'Mahogany Splendor'
- 3 plants of Calibrachoa 'Double Can Can Wine Red'
- 2 plants of Cuphea caeciliae
In mild areas, cut back and mulch in winter to protect from frosts, in colder areas, treat as an annual or overwinter indoors.