Poppy somniferum Mix
In this mix
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual
- Border (Middle)
- Broad Tolerance
- Late May - August, 10-12 weeks from a spring sowing
- 90cm (36in)
- Common name
- Opium Poppy
- Full Sun
- 30cm (12in)
- Dislikes root disturbance so best sown direct. Scatter seeds through borders in spring or autumn. Easy to grow in any well-drained soil in full sun or light shade.
I love poppies and none more so than these whoppers, elegant opium poppies, with the pods almost as handsome as the flowers in a deep, rich array of colours.This mix contains:
- Papaver somniferum 'Black Beauty'
- Papaver somniferum 'Cherry Glow'
- Papaver somniferum 'Dark Plum'
- 450 seeds to cover an area of 2m x 1m, or equivalent area
Full soil preparation and sowing instructions will be sent out with this packet of seed.
Please note: This is harmful if eaten.
Pick or deadhead flowers regularly to encourage growth and to prolong flowering. Remove seed heads if you do not want it to self-seed. Caution: Harmful if eaten.