Philodendron scandens 'Micans'
In this mix
- A tall shelf where it can be allowed to trail down
- Height on delivery approx. 10cm (4in); can trail/climb to 1.2m (4ft) or more
- Common name
- Sweetheart plant/Heart-leaf
- Keep compost moist but not soggy
- Typically 45cm (18in) once mature
The sweetheart plant can be grown as a climber or allowed to trail down from a high shelf. Despite it's glamorous look and elegant heart-shaped leaves which are tinged with pink when young, it's fairly easy to grow and tolerant of a range of conditions. Photographed here in medium Grey Tuscany Pot. Caution for pets.