Onyx Sweet Pea Mix
In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual, Hardy Annual Climber
- Cutting Garden, On a Climbing Support
- Broad Tolerance
- May - August (winter-sown) or June - September (spring-sown), or 12-14 weeks from spring-sowing of seed.
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Common name
- Sweet Pea
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant out, 2 plants to a vertical support, 15cm (6in) apart in a mild spell in March-May.
- Sow October to April, 2 seeds into 1 Rootrainer. When roots fill container, pot on 2 seedlings together into a 1 litre pot. Pinch out tips when plants have 4 pairs of leaves. If autumn sown, overwinter in a light, cool place.
The darkest, richest, highly-scented mix of sweet peas, with the stippled 'Lilac Ripple' to add a bit of brightness.This exclusive mix includes:
No garden is complete without sweet peas. Grow them over arches, teepees and trellis and plant them with your runner beans to draw lots of insect pollinators into your veg patch.
Plant seedlings out during a mild spell March-May, providing support. Tie the stems into your framework on a regular basis and pinch out tendrils.