Epipremnum aureum (Devils's ivy)
In this mix
- A tall shelf where it can be allowed to trail down
- Height on delivery approx. 35cm (14in); can trail/climb to 1.5m (5ft) or more
- Common name
- Devil's ivy/Ceylon creeper
- Keep compost moist but not soggy
- Typically 60cm (24in) once mature
A striking plant with glossy, variegated, heart-shaped leaves which can be allowed to climb up a mossy pole or left to trail over the edge of a pot. Photographed here in Green Daisy Pot. Caution for pets.
Best in a well-lit spot that doesn't get direct summer sun. Water just as the compost begins to dry out (test it with your finger) which might be once a week in summer but far less in winter. Mist the leaves occasionally to maintain humidity.