In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Tender Perennial Tuber
- Acid, Chalky, Fertile, Neutral
- July - November
- 70-80cm (28-32in)
- Cactus Group
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant 30cm (12in) deep, 75cm (30in) apart.
Dahlia 'Urchin' is the spiniest of all the crimsons, with each petal split at its tip to make it even more spiky. Fantastic shape in the garden and vase.
- are first class, healthy tubers – the largest and best you can buy.
- come with full planting, spacing and cultivating instructions for beginner gardeners
- tubers should be potted up when they arrive and be kept in a light, frost-free place until the frosts are over and then be planted into the garden.
Support with a stout stick, tie in every couple of weeks. In the south you can mulch deeply and overwinter them in the ground.