In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Tender Perennial Tuber
- Acid, Chalky, Clay, Fertile, Neutral
- July - November
- 75cm (30in)
- Pompom Group
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant just under the soil surface, 75cm (30in) apart.
It's the softer coloured dahlias that we seem increasingly drawn to, with this mauve stealing the show in our dahlia trial in 2015. Thread it through ivories (such as Café au Lait') and apricots (such as 'Nicholas').
- are first class, healthy tubers – the largest and best you can buy.
- come with full planting, spacing and cultivating instructions for beginner gardeners
- tubers should be potted up when they arrive and be kept in a light, frost-free place until the frosts are over and then be planted into the garden.
Support with a stout stick, tie in every couple of weeks. In the south you can mulch deeply and overwinter them in the ground, alternatively, lift and overwinter your dahlias frost free undercover.