Antirrhinum majus 'Liberty Scarlet' F1
In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
- Half-Hardy Annual
- Border (Front), Border (Middle)
- Neutral, Sandy
- July - October, or 18 weeks from sowing seed
- 60cm (24in)
- Common name
- Moist but Well-drained, Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 30-60cm (12-24in)
- Sow under cover in February-April and/or September/October. Do not cover seed with compost. Thin to 30cm distance. For best results, sow these in early March, as they can take longer to germinate and be slow to grow.
A fabulous blend of colours, with rich velvety petals and tall flower spikes, perfect for arranging with dahlias in late summer and autumn.
Snapdragons are invaluable plants for their full flower spikes, which last well over a week in water. We sell the elegant, single-colour, tall florist's varieties, which are now very difficult to find.
These varieties have also all been bred for good rust resistance.
- Tried and tested by us at Perch Hill
Water well, support stems if necessary. Can be grown in container pots.