Amethyst Sweet Pea Mix
(You save )
In this mix
|Sow Under Cover|
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Hardy Annual, Hardy Annual Climber
- Cutting Garden, On a Climbing Support
- Broad Tolerance
- May - August (winter-sown) or June - September (spring-sown), or 12-14 weeks from spring-sowing of seed.
- 1.8m (6ft)
- Common name
- Sweet Pea
- Moist but Well-drained
- Full Sun
- Plant out, 2 plants to a vertical support, 15cm (6in) apart in a mild spell in March-May.
- Sow October to April, 2 seeds into 1 Rootrainer. When roots fill container, pot on 2 seedlings together into a 1 litre pot. Pinch out tips when plants have 4 pairs of leaves. If autumn sown, overwinter in a light, cool place.
Jewel-like colours, set against the creamy 'Mrs Collier', with wonderful, strong scents.The seed packet contains a mix of all three old-fashioned, highly scented varieties whilst the seedling collection includes 4 or 8 seedlings each of:
Plant seedlings out during a mild spell March-May, providing support. Tie the stems into your framework on a regular basis and pinch out tendrils.