Alonsoa warscewiczii 'Scarlet' ('Mask Flower')
In this mix
|Direct Sow/ Plant Out|
- Half-Hardy Annual, Herbaceous Perennial, Perennial, Short-lived Perennial (grown as a Half-Hardy Annual), Tender Perennial
- Border (Front), Border (Middle), Container Garden
- Chalky, Fertile, Neutral, Sandy
- July - December
- 45cm (18in)
- Common name
- Mask flower
- Moist but Well-drained, Well-drained
- Full Sun
- 30cm (12in)
- Sow on the surface of a good quality compost, barely covering with a sprinkling of vermiculite. Plant out once frosts have past.
Josie, our Perch Hill head-gardeners favourite plant in our trials last year.
It has small, but very brilliantly coloured flowers all summer and right through to Christmas in a sheltered spot. This makes it a star for any pot or front of border combination.
Keep frost free and collect seeds rather than over wintering any plants.